Openproject Docker Restart > Clean OpenProject

tadeus

Dabbler
Hi,

i took the docker image of openproject and installed it with the instructions from the "recommended usage" part at my freenas.

Code:
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/openproject/{pgdata,static}

docker run -d -p 8080:80 --name openproject -e SECRET_KEY_BASE=secret \
  -v /var/lib/openproject/pgdata:/var/openproject/pgdata \
  -v /var/lib/openproject/static:/var/openproject/assets \
  openproject/community:latest

When I restart my docker virtual engine, every restart I lose my openproject settings and get a clean installed openproject.

The /var/lib directories are used from openproject, so the data i think is saved.

Whats wrong with my setup?

thank you

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The /var/lib directories are used from openproject, so the data i think is saved.

Whats wrong with my setup?
You're saving data to the virtual HD of your docker VM... what do you see if you look at the contents of that pair of directories?

There is some chance that you haven't got the permissions correct and the mapping inside the container fails, so the right hand side path of your -v arguments exists in the container, but with no link to the host path (left hand side).

If that's the case, restart of the docker container still shouldn't cause those to be lost unless you're recreating the container...

Check the directories and see if any files are saved there or not.

tadeus

Dabbler
Hm i reinstalled openproject in a new docker machine and now it works :eek:
Ok so the problem is solved.

I have a additional question:
With the freenas boot, there will automatically start the docker machine in which I installed the openproject docker container.
How can I start the openproject container automatically?

Last edited:

sretalla