One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption

Donny Davis

Contributor
I don't think so. I only use the API for Openstack.

I am still backing up my data. It hasn't thrown any more errors which is good. I am going to run some integrity checks on the data and hopefully all is good. I should have more toward the end of the week.

Donny Davis

Contributor
Ok so after many days of backing up my data and making sure I am good to start tinkering I am finally there.

Here is the output for all of my drives, but I am not sure what I should be looking for. Never had to get this deep into a drive before, I usually just trash the funky drive and move on... In this case, I don't know which on it is so any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• smart-output.txt
    309.9 KB · Views: 243

Yorick

Wizard

Donny Davis

Contributor
So I ran the long tests and they showed the same result. *attached*

So I am unsure of how to proceed from here.
Should I clear the error and keep a close watch on it? Maybe bump up the backup schedule

Attachments

• self-test-report.txt
    308.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

pro lamer

Guru
Have you ruled out overheating issues? If the drives had not overheated (which I don't know ATM since I haven't read your attachments) it might have been sth else for example the HBA or in theory even the RAM (this is just a guess I'm not experienced in RAM but usually ECC can detect up to a double bit error and hypothetical multi bit error might have passed).

I also had an issue once that an SSD silently corrupted some data and I suspected temporary overheating incident...

And the metadata corruption seems scary - I've seen a case in our forums that pool metadata corruption kept causing more and more errors and they nuked the pool eventually...

BTW have you updated the firmware as @Chris Moore suggested?

Sent from my phone