*OBNOXIOUS* ad banners pushing "My Inbox Helper"...

Pierce

Explorer
the ad banners on top of nearly every forum page tonight have been pushing My Inbox Helperwith a spam bar that looks like a login button, but takes you to install some crapware on google 'Chrome' to 'manage' your inboxes. this is very deceptive advertising.

diedrichg

Wizard
uBlock Origin. Simply amazing and the picker is precise.

Crotalus

Dabbler
Try using pfSense with the ad blocking SquidGuard. You can also build your own blacklist when you find something you don't like. The problem with ad blockers is that the add providers multiply faster than rabbits.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
the ad banners on top of nearly every forum page tonight have been pushing My Inbox Helperwith a spam bar that looks like a login button, but takes you to install some crapware on google 'Chrome' to 'manage' your inboxes. this is very deceptive advertising.

Sorry about the trouble. Ads on the FreeNAS Forums aren't supposed to contain any kind of deceptive advertising. I double-checked the settings to make sure that the ad group this should be in is excluded and it is. I changed some settings to try and make it even more strict to prevent this from showing again. If you see this again please let me know so I can investigate further.