No way to start/stop services?

victorhooi

Contributor
I've setup a new TrueNAS Scale box. Current version is TrueNAS-20.09-MASTER-20200907-092913.

I can't seem to find a way to start/stop services in the UI?

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 6.26.21 am.png

I also thought to try to SSH in, to check using systemd - but it seems SSH isn't enabled by default either?

Did I miss something in the UI somewhere?

Thanks,
Victor

brando56894

Wizard
yeah, it took me a while to find the stuff buried away under system settings -> misc haha

There's always the good old systemctl start/stop....which is probably not the recommended option since it bypasses the middleware and that has always been a pain point from what I can remember. Being a Linux geek for 15 years and not being able to leave stuff alone, I know I'm probably going to get myself into trouble at some point. It was more difficult to do in FreeBSD hahaha

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
yeah, it took me a while to find the stuff buried away under system settings -> misc haha

There's always the good old systemctl start/stop....which is probably not the recommended option since it bypasses the middleware and that has always been a pain point from what I can remember. Being a Linux geek for 15 years and not being able to leave stuff alone, I know I'm probably going to get myself into trouble at some point. It was more difficult to do in FreeBSD hahaha
It's somewhat better to use the middleware CLI client midclt. For instance midclt call service.start cifs. API documentation is under <ip of server>/api/docs. Most things can be done using it. For example midclt call smb.update '{"netbiosname": "foo"}'