No IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwild1

Cadet
Hello.

I installed FreeNAS today. I am able to boot up into the "Console Setup" page on the computer running the program.

It gives the 1 - 11 options and below "you my try the following url's....", it says "No configured interfaces were found. Try to do it manually."

How do I go about fixing this? I just need to get an IP address so I can login to the Web GUI.

Thanks in advance for your help!

phoenix

Explorer
looked at that but i am confused
Instead of saying 'you're confused' which doesn't give anyone enough information about anything how about giving details of what you've tried, what the problems were and what error messages you saw?

Stephens

Patron
Instead of saying 'you're confused' which doesn't give anyone enough information about anything how about giving details of what you've tried, what the problems were and what error messages you saw?

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown+meme+oh+jesus+it's+a+fire.jpg

I just need to get an IP address so I can login to the Web GUI.

Which network card are you using?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Pretty much if the NIC doesn't "just work" then its driver isn't included with FreeNAS.

If you try a FreeBSD disk and it still doesn't work then there is no driver included with FreeBSD. If the manufacturer doesn't have a driver either I wouldn't expect to see support anytime soon.

If FreeBSD does detect your card and it works fine then put a ticket in at support.freenas.org and include as much information as you can so they can find the driver and add suport.

Since you are asking the question you are I doubt this is an option, but if you have the driver and recompile FreeNAS and add the driver yourself you can add support on your own.

gpsguy

You could try a google search - site:freenas.org *** (where *** is the name/model number of your NIC) and see if others have gotten it to work or possibly have a compiled driver they could give you.

The easiest solution would be to buy an Intel Pro/1000.

How do you tell if the network adapter is unsupported, and what can you do about it if it is not?

Status
Not open for further replies.