No available plugins services

mudshark

Contributor
Saw an old post (from 2016) on this, but with no answer, and I now have this same issue so am posting for my new install on 11.2-u5.

Installed current 11.2-u5 & successfully imported my volume. All shares are working and but under "Plugins" the only button is "Installed" and no plugins show at all, just the above error message.
I see in the DOCs that "Any plugins created or installed with a previous version of FreeNAS® must be managed with the Legacy Web Interface" so I am using the legacy GUI but that didn't help.

Also tried the new GUI to see about simply reinstalling plugins but even there the available plugins screen just has a spinning icon as if it's looking for something, but nothing comes up.

I am not against reinstalling them, I'd rather use the legacy GUI and not have to reinstall anything (the jails are still there), but neither option looks promising!

Anyone?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Volume.jpg
    Volume.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 445
  • plugins.jpg
    plugins.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 463
  • jails.jpg
    jails.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:

mudshark

Contributor
That "update jails" section reads:
14.3.1. Jail Updates and Upgrades
Click (Options) ➞ Update to update a jail to the most current patch level of the installed FreeBSD release.
But the only UPDATE I can find is under SYSTEM and it says I am up-to-date.

The "update plugins" section of the DOCs that "Any plugins created or installed with a previous version of FreeNAS® must be managed with the Legacy Web Interface" so I am using the legacy GUI but as you see above that also didn't get me anywhere.

Will deleting the jails from the volume help at all?
I'm not against doing that if it might help!

The DNS servers specified are google's.

D

dlavigne

I think some wires got crossed on which link to read :smile: The one I posted explains why your legacy jails/plugins only appear in the legacy UI and can't be updated and offers some options on migrating/reinstalling them.

mudshark

Contributor
I think some wires got crossed on which link to read :) The one I posted explains why your legacy jails/plugins only appear in the legacy UI and can't be updated and offers some options on migrating/reinstalling them.
I guess I must have missed something then! Can you post a direct link to the post I *should* be looking at? Thanks. :)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If this is a freshly imported pool on a fresh install then the plugins won't show as installed since there's not entry in the configuration database for them. Do you have a copy of your previous configuration? If not you will have to manage them manually through the jails tab in the GUI and/or convert them to Iocage jails.

Is there a specific reason you did a fresh install as opposed to an upgrade through the GUI?

mudshark

Contributor
Ah. I thought with the old GUI I'd see them under plugins>installed, but there's nothing there. Also missing is the "available" button under plug-ins.
I wouldn't mind converting them to Iocage jails, which sounds like one way to go. (Have you a link to instructions for that?)
I think more importantly is why under plugins (in either the old or new GUI) zero plugins show as available. If I could, I'd be happy to just reinstall them. But, again, more importantly, how would I install ANY plug-ins when none show as available?
I honestly do not remember now why I didn't try an upgrade. Was that an option from version 11.1-U7? (I did the upgrade after a MoBo failure and, if I remember correctly, I think the flash RAM that held the old OS got corrupted, or was afraid it was.)
Thanks

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I think more importantly is why under plugins (in either the old or new GUI) zero plugins show as available.
That's usually caused by a network configuration issue. Make sure you have a default gateway and dns servers listed in your network settings.
Was that an option from version 11.1-U7?
Yes.
I wouldn't mind converting them to Iocage jails, which sounds like one way to go. (Have you a link to instructions for that?)
https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/warden-migration-script-test.68502/
https://www.ixsystems.com/community...tion-script-some-quick-tips-for-others.68597/

mudshark

Contributor
To simplify life, I'll just use the old jails. I found the config for each and re-added storage but what I cannot find is the place where the access port for each jailed service is found. My network settings do indeed have the gateway address specified (the router's internal 192.168.x.x address) and I have google's DNS servers specified (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) but still neither GUI can find any available or installed plugins.
Thanks.

mudshark

Contributor
Still no plugins available with ver 11.2-u5.
I suppose that if I do a fresh install of 11.1-u7 (which everything was previously working under) I'll be good to go.
Any major 11.1-u7 flaws that might make me want to take a second look at doing this?
Thanks