No access to Plex server

djdwosk97

Patron
I just updated from FreeNAS 11.1 to 11.3 and installed the Plex plugin, but I can't seem to manage to add the server to my account. When I open plex from http://IP:PORT/web I get the following error:
The server you're trying to access doesn't want to let you in. Make sure you're signed in as a user with access to this server.

I've looked through a bunch of topics on the subject but none seem to solve the problem. I am connected over a VPN and so I'm on a 128.x.x.x IP address while plex is on a 192.x.x.x address, but I set the subnet mask to 1, so I would think that shouldn't be an issue. I've also never ran into this issue in the past with prior versions of Plex.

Last edited:

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Do you have a subnet mask and default gateway configured in the Plex plugin?

djdwosk97

Patron
Do you have a subnet mask and default gateway configured in the Plex plugin?
Under Basic Properties:
VNET and Berkeley are checked.
vnet_default_interface: auto
IPv4 Interface: -----
IPv4 Address: 192.x.x.x
IPv4 Netmask: 24 (also tried with 1)
IPv4 Default Router: auto (also tried with 192.x.x.1)

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Does the Plex plugin ping on that IP? What does ifconfig -a show on the host FreeNAS system? There should be a vnet0.x interface as a member of a bridgex interface, along with a member corresponding to one of the FreeNAS physical interfaces.

djdwosk97

Patron
Does the Plex plugin ping on that IP? What does ifconfig -a show on the host FreeNAS system? There should be a vnet0.x interface as a member of a bridgex interface, along with a member corresponding to one of the FreeNAS physical interfaces.
If i go to the local IP address, then plex does load, so the plex plugin is working.

Code:
vnet0.22: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        description: associated with jail: plex-0 as nic: epair0b
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 02:25:90