NICs and their equivalent OEM parts

SteveN

Cadet
Hi All,

Has anyone seen a recent list for NICs and their equivalents from OEM vendors? I know about the list on servethehome, but it doesn't have the more modern chipsets I'm after, like the Chelsio T520-BT or Intel X550-T2.

Alternatively if anyone knows a reliable, cheap-ish source for genuine cards, I'd like to hear about them. It's such a minefield these days with all the fakes. I'm in Asia, so it's going to have to be shipped overseas; some eBay folks don't like to do that.

SteveN

Cadet
Perhaps I'll try asking a different question. Looking for a list of good OEM NICs was largely to avoid fakes. Maybe there's another way: buy from a trusted seller.

Anyone think there's a chance of a fake if "shipped and sold by Amazon"? They have a Chelsio T520-BT, here in Singapore; I'd like to think that isn't likely to be fake, but you never know.

SteveN

Cadet
Back to the server build and just thought I'd bump this one.

Does anyone have an OEM part numbers for the Chelsio T520BT?

SteveN

Cadet
Adding a bit of information here in case someone finds this thread by a search:

The Dell J6VY6 appears to be the Chelsio T520-CR

I know that's SPF+, but given the price differences, it may be cheaper to get a SPF card and upgrade the switch than try to use RJ-45.

I've noted many cheap sellers of what is claimed to be the J6VY6 from Hong Kong and China, but the photos don't have the Dell name anywhere on the photos. Does anyone know if the Dell branded cards have Dell written on them somewhere?