NIC driver issues with install on Dell R410

jsllewel

Cadet
Hello,
I've completed a fresh install of TrueNAS Scale to try it out on a Dell R410. However I'm not able to get any network connection. Looks like a firmware issue with the on board Broadcom NICs and the additional 4 port NIC card based on the errors I'm seeing.

I'm getting the following error when I try to reset the network interface. I'm just a FreeNas/TrueNAS enthusiast so I may just be in over my head since this is in an early stage. Is there an easy fix to this? I tried one online suggestion and it didn't work. However I'm my debian/linux experience is limited and I may have been executed it incorrectly.

truenas (2).jpg

Yorick

Wizard
How about when you don’t reset it? If you choose option 1, then your NIC, then answer no to delete and no to reset, can you successfully configure IPv4?

jsllewel

Cadet
I’ve tried it with dhcp and setting static. Tried to reset to default settings and reboot again. When I did some more googling this error seems to be an issue with Debian sometimes with not having the drivers available. I may try to mess with the fixes but I’m not sure how using the shell will effect other parts of the middleware.

jsllewel

Cadet
I'm still having issues with getting the NICs to be recognized. Also tried on a Dell R710 that I have, although same types of NICs getting the same issue. I've tried resetting the interfaces, tried to set dhcp or static. Still getting the same error messages with anything I try to do. Is this something that I just need to fix on my own based on the hardware I have, or should I submit a ticket? Since I have no connectivity, I may be able to upload the driver files, but will that effect the middle-ware of TrueNAS?

I did a grep of the dmesg and took this screenshot. This was from a fresh install with the ISO as of 8-6-2020. It appears the NICs were found from what I can tell. My working knowledge of linux is frankly very basic, but I've been looking around at resources online to try to troubleshoot. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
1596829932293.png