NFS error: "File is exclusively open by another application."

nycvelo

Dabbler
Server: FreeNAS 11.2 box with NFS share' Client: Mac running 10.14.3 and ChronoSync 4.9.1

I use Chronosync to synchronize files between an external Thunderbolt drive on my Mac and a FreeNAS server with an NFS share. The NFS share has maproot set to my user and group name.

This used to work, but recently it's failing with Chronosync returning this error:

Right Target encountered error: "File is exclusively open by another application."

In this case the right target is the FreeNAS server. Neither fstat on the FreeNAS box nor lsof on the Mac show the particular file in use. Rebooting both client and server did not clear the issue.

Thanks in advance for further troubleshooting clues.

nycvelo

Dabbler
Hi Dru, Thanks for your response. I'm still stuck with this issue. Got any troubleshooting clues? Do you need more info? Thanks again.

nycvelo

Dabbler
<bump>

I'm still having this NFS issue, and would appreciate any troubleshooting clues. FWIW both client and server use the same UID and GID for this NFS share (and it's maprooted user and group on the server side).

D

dlavigne

Don't have any ideas myself. It may be worth reporting at redmine.ixsystems.com. If you do, post the issue number here.

keir58

Cadet
I'm on a Mac running 10.15.7, Chronosync 4.9.13

I'm trying to sync using cronoagent on my other computer, and chronosync on my main computer is now giving me this error as well. I didn't encounter it while I was just syncing over the network, but now that I'm using chronosync, I'm getting all kinds of errors.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?