Nextcloud Trusted Domain

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Hello everyone, I started my Freenas a about 8 days ago. I'm new to NAS in general but I'm really doing my research and trying to learn.

ATM I have two out of my three goals for the nas sever. That being a Plex sever and a Mineos sever. But I'm still trying to set up my nextcloud sever.

ATM I have it installed and then when going into the admin portal I see Access through untrusted domain, people on the internet say this is easy to fix, you just have to edit a file in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/config.php which i do that with the nano command.

See below for the Img under trusted domains, I added line 2. after I save the file, I then return to the admin website and I still have the same screen. I checked to see if the file was edited and it was.

Does anyone else know what the issue is, I have been at this for hours.

Thank you for reading I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Joe

Attachments

• config_php_file.PNG
    config_php_file.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,796

Heracles

Wizard
Hey DellyJoe,

Indeed, to fix trusted domain is easy.

First two questions are :
What is the complete URL you try to use to connect to your Nextcloud ?
Did you restart / reload the web server after you changed that config ?

If you are about to rely on your FreeNAS server for most or all of your data, be sure to include some backups in your strategy. See the 3 copies rule in my signature as a starting point...

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Hey DellyJoe,

Indeed, to fix trusted domain is easy.

First two questions are :
What is the complete URL you try to use to connect to your Nextcloud ?
Did you restart / reload the web server after you changed that config ?

If you are about to rely on your FreeNAS server for most or all of your data, be sure to include some backups in your strategy. See the 3 copies rule in my signature as a starting point...
Good Afternoon Heracles, Thank you for looking into the problem.

I thought that Trusted Domains were the IPs of the computers I wanted to access Nextcloud. How ever I quickly found out that trusted Domains were asking for the IP of the Nextcloud sever IP that was running on my NAS. After I plugged that in, I quickly got it working.