Nextcloud Storage Question

dcabrerag

Cadet
Hello, i´m running freenas 11.1 and i have installed the Nextcloud plugin, everything is working fine with SSL and security.
My question is, How can i have my whole LIVE freenas data on nextcloud without duplicity of the data on Jail?

Or maybe whats the best way to achieve this? How can I check my freenas from the cloud service (Ex. Nextcloud)?

Really will appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Sorry about my english

gt2416

Patron
Create a smb share on freenas, and mount it through nextclouds external storage plugin.
You may not be able to add apps on nextcloud using the freenas nextcloud plugin as it years outdated. If you want to re create your nextcloud jail with the latest version you could easily get the sharing working. I would suggest start here:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...llation-of-nextcloud-13-in-iocage-jail.62485/

Last edited:

NasKar

Guru
How can i have my whole LIVE freenas data on nextcloud without duplicity of the data on Jail?
I'm using nextcloud in a jail not the plugin.
1) add storage to the jail for the directory your interested in like /mnt/v1/media to /mnt/media in the jail
2).enable the external storage app
3) create a local storage that points to /mnt/media

gt2416

Patron
^ only reason I did not suggest that is permissions. Thats best for performance but if you cant give nextcloud permissions thats an issue. For read only its fine.

NASnewbi916

Dabbler
^ so i have been attempting the above option and trying the permissions for days and cant figure it out. I can read from jail to dataset. however, when i write to the dataset from a windows client the nextcloud cant edit it. any thoughts

MaLaCoiD

Dabbler
What are the "ls -l" outputs for the data? It should be owned by same user id as Next Cloud, so you have to change the uid in the jail to match.

gt2416

Patron
You have to add the user the files belong to in your jail like this :
pw useradd -n username -u useruid -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin

Then add that user to the www group.
pw usermod username -G www

Also you should allow groups to write access from the freenas gui.

kevinjj

Dabbler
Hello, i´m running FreeNAS 11.1 and i have installed the Nextcloud plugin, everything is working fine with SSL and security.
My question is, How can i have my whole LIVE FreeNAS data on nextcloud without duplicity of the data on Jail?

Or maybe whats the best way to achieve this? How can I check my FreeNAS from the cloud service (Ex. Nextcloud)?

Really will appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Sorry about my english

You can install External Storage Support in Nextcloud AppStore for this.