Nextcloud setup with SSL.

xames

Patron
I'm new on plugins, i have installed a nextcloud on my house with ubuntu over snap installation, so easy, and put ssl certificate with some easy steps, but when i find information here to apply the same on freenas, all look so complicated for me.

I have Freenas, a new pool called Nextcloud and plugin installed over this pool, the nextcloud is over dhcp because my unifi controller assign new ip on this plugin.
I only need to setup SSL over this plugin, i read so various forums and all is too much for me, is not any easy setup out there to put ssl on this plugin?, i only want to access on my nextcloud on business from my house and from my mobile, not so much, but i don't want to be exposed without SSL.

First step, The installation of the plugin was easy.

On all the forums the people make so extrange thinks with mount disk and nextcloud store, why this I really don't understand, and then they do so many thinks with ssl and all this stuff to make SSL working, no easy setup out there to deploy it easy?

Please easy easy links appreciated.

And excuse my spanglish language.

Thanks.

ornias

Wizard

KevDog

Patron
There's a number of ways to install SSL certs (and also have a system in place for automated renewal (most using Let's Encrypt Certs in this forum and since Let's Encrypt (LE) requires cert renewal every 90 days there needs to be a system in place for automated renewal). Some of the methods use capabilities of the reverse proxy itself to renew the certs (like Caddy or Traefik), other methods will use a program that runs as either a cron job or systemd timer to renew the certs (acme.sh or certbot). It just depends what method you would like to employ.