Nextcloud - limit disk space per jail

rnedved

Cadet
Hi, is there any option to limit size of Nextcloud? I have 300GB pool and I need to have limited nextcloud space to 100GB. Is it possible or I need to mount 100GB pool to freenas??

Thanks

danb35

Hall of Famer
I have 300GB pool
That's a tiny pool. But in any event, you can set a quota on the Nextcloud jail dataset. Or, within Nextcloud, you can set quotas for individual users.

rnedved

Cadet
That's a tiny pool. But in any event, you can set a quota on the Nextcloud jail dataset. Or, within Nextcloud, you can set quotas for individual users.

Thanks danb, so I need to create dataset, then install plugin (which creates jail) and in advanced properties set this dataset? Or how it works?

danb35

Hall of Famer

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It could be argued that the data you want to set the quota on shouldn't be in the jail dataset, rather mounted into the jail from outside, hence protecting you from data loss (accidental or otherwise) if you need to replace the jail at a later date.

The quota setting is the same concept in either case.

rnedved

Cadet
So I've created a dataset called nctest and I see it in pools, how the hell create (install plugin) on this dataset? I tried ass in attached, but not working. system created dataset iocage and installed it in....

Sretalla: So you talk about creating storage (eg NFS) then mount it to the jail and then install plugin on this mounted storage? It sounds great but make it working... ehm

Attachments

• dataset1.png
    dataset1.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 316

danb35

Hall of Famer
how the hell create (install plugin) on this dataset?
You don't. As I said above, you install the plugin (or create the jail manually, or using my script, or whatever). Doing so creates the dataset automatically.
So you talk about creating storage (eg NFS) then mount it to the jail and then install plugin on this mounted storage?
No, not even close. Again, creating a jail creates a dataset. @sretalla was referring to mounting a separate dataset to the jail for file storage. That's good practice, but I don't think the Nextcloud plugin is designed to deal with that configuration. To learn more about adding storage to a jail, see https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2-U5/jails.html#additional-storage