SOLVED New ui bugs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecabbie

Explorer
I get allot of errors on the new ui should i report these or am i doing something wrong ?
I started using the new ui today since it makes 11.1 jails. Also cannot make mountpoints ?
Just wondering if i should start reporting them all or not for exmaple the error 22 on mountpoints page was a know bug but is closed as fixed.... So i am assuming i have a wrong setting or something like that due to being using the old ui.
some examples:
Error 201:[ENOMETHOD] Method "get_state" not found in "boot"
Error 201:[ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"
Error 22:[EINVAL] Incorrect username or password
Error 22:[pass] Field was not expected

D

dlavigne

If you are testing on the nightlies train, please report any new UI bugs. If you are on the stable train, the bugs have most likely already been fixed (as the new UI will use the nightlies train until 11.2-BETA1 is released and that branch is cut).

spacecabbie

Explorer
If you are testing on the nightlies train, please report any new UI bugs. If you are on the stable train, the bugs have most likely already been fixed (as the new UI will use the nightlies train until 11.2-BETA1 is released and that branch is cut).

alrighty. I suppose its not possible to use nightly just for the ui but keep the system on stable ? :)
Is there anywhere described how to make a mount point without the ui ?

spacecabbie

Explorer
There is, please see the paragraph about the new UI at https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-1-u5/.
Sorry to be a bother but i read that (now i know why smartctl service is not starting lol) but the guide there looks like it switches the whole system to nightly build and i prefer to stay on stable unsure how instable nightly is like to only get the updated gui. the double boot allows me to run on nightly until beta 1 then switch back to stable do i understand that correctly ?

D

dlavigne

Correct. You can boot into the nightly boot environment to test the beta UI or boot into the stable boot environment to either go back to your stable UI or to go back so you can update to BETA1 from stable once it is released. You really do want two different boot environments (otherwise if you just update to nightly you won't be able to go back to stable or update to BETA1 from nightly). Hopefully that makes sense :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.