New SMB share wont show unless restart Samba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotty

Contributor
Im running FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4
All my SMB shares works fine, they show on my Windows machine as Shares under "Network".
When I add a new Share, it doesnt show, waited for 10 minutes and nothing.

If I restart SMB, then it shows.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Dotty

Contributor
Please consider upgrading to FreeNAS 9.10.2-U2. If the problem persists, open a bug ticket at https://bugs.freenas.org.
I knew somebody was going to say that.
:-(
I cant upgrade, I need VirtualBox and "some people" removed it. The version Im running is the last one that has it.

I was wondering if Im doing something wrong, or if someone else had the same issue and fixed it somehow.
Thanks for the advise about upgrading, but I cant do it.
On a former life, Quickbooks used to do that to me all the time, everytime there was an issue, "go and upgrade",, then new issues came,, "we will release a patch",, then something else broke because they didnt do regression testing properly,, dont worry "go and upgrade", over and over.
:-(

Dotty

Contributor
I realized that if I send SIGHUP to SMBD then the new shares show up upon refresh of the Windows Explorer.
And that wont kill current file transfer or connections from other machines.
Not pretty, but works.

I wonder if I could add that SIGHUP myself into the python script that receives the instructions from the FreeNAS GUI, so it is done automatically every time I add or remove an SMB share.
Anyone knows which python scripts are those?
Can they be modified this little bit?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.