New installation cannot configure network

emiliocb4

Cadet
Hello,
I just installed freenas 11 and after reboot i’m in the console setup and i see the output:
‘ the web interface could not be accessed. Please check network configuration’

So i’ve the menu with 11 choices.
First i choose 6 for dns.
Then i choose 4 for default route putting my router.
After that i Press 1 for ‘configure network interfaces’ but i’ve only the choice:
‘Select an interface (q to quit)’
No interface is shown.
Also in the shell i can see only loopback interface. Keep in mind that before freenas on the same hardware was installed openfiler and the network works fine.

How can i do?
Thanks

Attachments

• 02A4CF97-8DDC-492D-98D0-325DB1A52A7E.jpeg
    02A4CF97-8DDC-492D-98D0-325DB1A52A7E.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

proto

Patron
hardware?

melloa

Wizard
As per Forum Rules

Posting To Get A Response

Please include a unique and specific subject title in a new post. This helps attract the attention of people knowledgeable and interested in that type of problem or situation.

If you are receiving an error message, make sure to post the message exactly and don't paraphrase. It's important to have the full message in its entirety to get the best responses to your issue.

When discussing a piece of software, please provide the exact build number. For FreeNAS, this can be found at System ‣ Information. You'll also want to post the amount of RAM in the system. If additional hardware information is needed, you will be asked to attach a debug file. Debug files are created with the System ‣ Advanced ‣ Save Debug menu entry.

It's important to remember that hardware information is extremely important when diagnosing problems so please make sure to include this information if you need help troubleshooting a problem. This includes:
  • Motherboard make and model
  • CPU make and model
  • RAM quantity
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives
  • Hard disk controllers
  • Network cards

If you don't provide the requested information, one can't even try to help.