New Ad Policy - 11/4/19

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Hmm. I am using FreeBSD desktop (FVWM) with Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit) which in ports is version 70.0.1_2,1 and I cannot replicate any issues with the ad banners, even when I used various sized viewports. I have no ad blocker enabled for this site although I do have ublock origin installed and I can simply hide the ad container with CSS via stylus if I so choose.

So it seems that Safari and Opera both have some oddness, and macOS firefox which ought be the same as any other firefox.

Since this is definitely an issue with the default/New Style theme, I switched to it for the testing above.

colmconn

Contributor
In my case, I use Firefox 71.0.1 on macOS 10.14.6. I have uBlock Origin installed. I see no ads at all, not even the the large empty box I see on iPad. I have pihole serving DNS queries form a VM on FreeNAS 11.2U6 so that will only block domains not engage in filtering out unwanted elements from the html that uBlock can do. Perhaps, this may be the source of the big empty box in the iPad?

seanm

Guru
I just tried on another Mac in the office with FF 70.0.1 and there I see an ad instead of a big empty space. Biggest difference vs my Mac is that I have the Privacy Badger extension installed.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
In my case, I use Firefox 71.0.1 on macOS 10.14.6. I have uBlock Origin installed. I see no ads at all, not even the the large empty box I see on iPad. I have pihole serving DNS queries form a VM on FreeNAS 11.2U6 so that will only block domains not engage in filtering out unwanted elements from the html that uBlock can do. Perhaps, this may be the source of the big empty box in the iPad?
That seems strange to me, but I guess it would depend on what the filtered-out domain provides or how software on the iPad handles that missing bit. *shrugs* Surely we'll get things ironed out.

I just tried on another Mac in the office with FF 70.0.1 and there I see an ad instead of a big empty space. Biggest difference vs my Mac is that I have the Privacy Badger extension installed.
Ok, I have privacy badger also but my settings for this site are probably different than yours, I do not have it entirely disabled for these forums. The way I set it, I have no troubles with the ads, whether PB is a cause I dunno. It'd be nice if that were the common denominator instead of some sort of faulty coding (Opera).

Last edited: