Network issues while installing plugins

theblur

Cadet
HEEELP!

I am new to FreeNAS. So far, I have installed the latest version (11.3) onto an old computer in hopes I can turn it into a Plex server (i know, not very original).

Anyway, I am trying to download the Plex plugin (or any other plugin for that matter) and I continue to receive DHCP issues when setting up the Jail. I have looked at my network settings and they seem correct to me. I have been at it for a few hours now and cannot find the answer online.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing!

This is the error I get when using DHCP:
1583932984328.png

This is the error I get when I select the IP config values:
1583933073856.png

These are my networking config settings:
1583933129310.png

theblur

Cadet
@theblur Welcome to the forums, please post your detailed hardware info.

Motherboard (MSI Gaming B150 Gaming M3):
Processor (Intel Core i5 6500 3.20 Ghz Quad Core Skylake):
RAM (2X8GB HyperX Kingston Technology Fury 2666MHz DDR4):
SSD (Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal):
HDD (4 TB Western Digital):
HDD (2 TB)
  • N/A - I dont recall what i have here

binarybcc

Dabbler
I am having the same issue, exactly. Only using 1 nic.

pschatz100

Guru
Advanced warning!! I don't use plugins, so I am not expert at how they need to be set up. My advice is worth little.

I notice from your screen shot there is an advanced configuration button. Bring up the advanced configuration options and share a screenshot. There might be something in there that needs to be set.

binarybcc

Dabbler
Advanced warning!! I don't use plugins, so I am not expert at how they need to be set up. My advice is worth little.

I notice from your screen shot there is an advanced configuration button. Bring up the advanced configuration options and share a screenshot. There might be something in there that needs to be set.
As for my issue: I am a moron. Thanks for your time. Because there was always at least one checkbox checked (NAT, DHCP, Berkeley Packet), it never occurred to me to UNCHECK them all and put in an IP address under advanced. I assumed one or more of the checkboxes HAD to be checked.

Works a champ with just a plain IP and no checkboxes!

Thanks! and may all the others having this issue (lack of UI understanding) learn from my half-day mistake.

pschatz100

Guru
Glad you have it fixed. Please mark the thread as solved.