Network interface not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno

Dabbler
This is my first attempt at installing FreeNAS, and I am putting it on a new system (Intel i3, 4 GB RAM) that had Windows 7 on it. After wiping the HDD clean, I did an install of FreeNAS 8.2.0 (x64) to a 8 GB Flash drive, and that went just fine. But when the system boots, the message "No Configured Interfaces Were Found" is displayed right before the main console menu.

The system board has an integrated Realtek RTL8111F NIC, and although I know from forum postings that Intel/Chelsio NICs are "preferred", the FreeBSD 8.2 Release notes indicate that the re(4) driver supports the RTL8111 family.

I used the following shell commands to update loader.conf:
mount -uw /
echo if_rl_load="YES" >> /boot/loader.conf
mount -ur /

But after rebooting, the same "No configured Interfaces Were Found" message is showing. I'm a novice with Unix/Linux, so I'm not sure if it's something basic or easy I'm missing. I'd like to see if I can get the integrated NIC working instead of forking out more $$ for an Intel NIC. Thanks in advance.

andoy31

Explorer
For rtl8111f please follow the procedure from this thread --http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?7402-Realtek-rtl81111f-support

danno

Dabbler
Thanks - found your post/thread shortly after I added mine. (See my updates there...file provided worked successfully. Thanks for your efforts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.