Network connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharbag

Guru
I have a new Freenas 8.0.3 install that I built last night (x64). Cool stuff, first time user.

My system is an ASUS 1155 MB with a dual core celeron 2.4GHz processor with 16GB DDR3 memory. I am using ZFS with 6 SATA 1.5TB WD Green HDDs setup in RaidZ1. 4 of the HDDs are on a 3GB/s controller and 2 are on a 6GB/s controller, both on the MB.

I have a single CIFS share enabled and all seems to work well. I am transferring about 4.2TB of data from my Windows 7 Pro system to the NAS and I was having major issues with connection to NAS lost. This was with the built in realtek GB NIC. I have since changed to an Intel NIC. The speed of the onboard NIC reported faster than the Intel but the intel has been a little better for reliability. I am still losing connection though. As soon as I try to resume, the transfer continues but it is really annoying that the connection is being lost.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I am new to FreeBSD but a while back I did some OpenBSD stuff for routers. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.