Need help clarifying SMB permissions

ladal1

Dabbler
Hey there,

I just wanted to ask how to set up permissions (not how directly but what to set them to to get the outcome I want)

I have a pool where each user has their home directory and I want only them to be able to access/modify/remove things within it. But I also want them all to be able what folders there are in the pool (even though they cant look inside).

My permissions alway clash on inheritance from the pool (if I set List Folder Contents, then users can just as well go into other users folders) and I don't want to screw something up so asking first

Thanks in advance

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hey there,

I just wanted to ask how to set up permissions (not how directly but what to set them to to get the outcome I want)

I have a pool where each user has their home directory and I want only them to be able to access/modify/remove things within it. But I also want them all to be able what folders there are in the pool (even though they can't look inside).

My permissions alway clash on inheritance from the pool (if I set List Folder Contents, then users can just as well go into other users folders) and I don't want to screw something up so asking first

Thanks in advance
For a new share (no data) try the following:
Configure share with the following auxiliary parameter: nfs4:mode = simple then run the following command: setfacl -m owner@:full_set:fd:allow,group@:xaRc:fd:allow,everyone@:modify_set::allow /mnt/path/to/share Now users can create directories inside the share. If they are members of the owner-group of the directory, they can see the directories, but can only enter the directories that they own.