NASstorage kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo.....etc

Daviddimo

Dabbler
Hello,

Im hoping someone else has been able to sort this out because im 2 or 3 weeks in and still nothing.

Message that shows up is
Sep 22 14:16:12 NASstorage inadyn[3104]: Failed resolving hostname ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com: hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Sep 22 14:16:12 NASstorage inadyn[3104]: Failed to get IP address for default@no-ip.com, giving up!
Sep 22 14:16:12 NASstorage inadyn[3104]: Update forced for alias davidbelledesign.ddns.net, new IP#
Sep 22 14:16:12 NASstorage inadyn[3104]: Failed resolving hostname dynupdate.no-ip.com: hostname nor servname provided, or not known

then followed by message below only on repeat.
Sep 22 14:19:17 NASstorage kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 192.168.1.1 on re0

This has happened in the past and a mate sorted it for me also suggesting that I call my ISP to obtain a static IP for my router. I have now got that static ip from my ISP and have made sure that my ddns with no-ip is pointing to the correct static ip.

All my computers in my network are entered correctly in my router for DHCP and with correct IP addresses and MAC addresses.

My open VPN jail is working fine and i can still access it from outside fine

My NAS can ping internal computers and outside of network with no problem.

I recall my mate poking arounf in the shell to sort it but again i cant remember, anyone have any ideas as i feel as if freenas is set looking at the wrong place for an ip or something.