Moving Plex Jails to Freenas 11.2 U8

stonefury

Cadet
Noob here. I having been trying to move my legacy Plex plugin from 11.1 into the new 11.2 interface. I keep getting this error when in the new GUI

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1093, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1037, in _call
return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1058, in _call_worker
return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 990, in run_in_proc
return await async_run_in_executor(loop, executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 41, in async_run_in_executor
raise result
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/mnt/Mirroring_500GB/iocage/defaults.json'

I can't do anything at this point. I believe I messed up the permission when trying to create the new plugin.

Plex Version 1.12.2.4929

OS Version:

FreeNAS-11.2-U8
(Build Date: Feb 14, 2020 15:55)
Processor:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz (8 cores)
Memory:
16 GiB

stonefury

Cadet
Thank you. I'll take a shot at this and see if it works for me. Do you think this will overcome the permission issues I'm having?

stonefury

Cadet
I was able to resolve my issue. I had to go in via command line and change the permission of /mnt/Mirroring_500GB/iocage/defaults.json. Then it would let me try to install the Plex plugin. I believe during the plugin install I checked the recursive permission box. That caused my pain. The next issue I ran into was that it said the plugin file(s) already existed. Unfortunately, I didn't copy the message to post here. It was residual files from my initial install. After googling for a while to know what the commands were to delete the files. I had to delete "iocage/releases/11.2/RELEASE/root@plex-plexpass". This let me do another install of the plex plugin. I was trying to setup a static IP and kept running into issues. I finally deleted the plugin I was working on and did a fresh install of the plugin with DHCP checked. This just worked automatically. I reserved the IP assigned in my router which I believe will make it static. The only issue I am still working to overcome is the metadata in the old plugin. I think I'll copy them into a folder and then point the new plugin to that folder. I believe this will simplify things in the future for me. I just have to figure out how to do that in SSH. The things that I've read to this point aren't making enough sense to me.

My knowledge level is just enough to be dangerous. Freenas has always just worked for me. I make minimal changes and only update to stable trains trying to keep things as simple as possible. This has been the most trying thing for me to overcome. using SSH is not as noob friendly as GUI but is necessary in order to get some of this done.

I've read more blogs and watched more youtube videos on this then I care to think about. Hope this helps someone else.