Moving data from one dataset to another using network shares

Bogdan

Cadet
Hello!

I recently added JBOD and created dedicated pool for it. I want use this JBOD to store old data. I'm using SMB shares to upload backup data and some scripts on client side to do the rotation. While everything was in single pool rotation worked like a charm - the client just renamed directories and removed oldest levels on backups. Now I would like to move oldest levels of backups to the new JBOD-based pool, so cross-pool move is required.

Is it possible to expose two datasets from different pools within single SMB share?
If it is not possible - how SMB (of NFS) client can make FreeNAS moving data from one dataset to another without moving the data itself over network connection?

sretalla