moving a pool with nextcoud jail

alexkotliar

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to FreeNAS and NextCloud and I did a setup with FreeNAS with NextCloud from instructions on I found on youtube and all is working fine but I didn't use NAS drives for the installation and just used regular 1TB drives (4 of them - standard Seagate 7200 drives ) and I read that the drive can die quickly because they are not made for NAS now I purchased 2 2TB WD Red NAS drives and I want to copy all my NAS with nextcloud to the new drives without losing the data.
I do have 2 more SATA ports that I can use to connect them and create a new pool and I wanted to ask what is the best/easiest way to make the migration?
create a new pool with a new raid configuration and copy all the information there and point the nextcloud there or to add the new drive to the existing configuration but then I'm not sure about the raid configuration as the one I have now is set to automatic.
I was searching online for a guide on how to do this but I didn't find exactly my situation
thank you for the help =)

Alecmascot

Guru

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
If you mean WD20EFAX, you got the SMR models, which aren't suitable for ZFS. The older WD20EFRX are CMR and work fine.

alexkotliar

Cadet
If you mean WD20EFAX, you got the SMR models, which aren't suitable for ZFS. The older WD20EFRX are CMR and work fine.
so I won't be able to use the WD20EFAX drives?
sorry I'm not familiar with CMR and SMR
this is the link to the drive :

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

alexkotliar

Cadet
Thank you for the information, I went to the store and replaced the drives to Seagate Ironwolf drives.
I will try to copy them this evening and I will let you know if it worked
thank you very much for the help