Moved a degraded pool to new 11.2 server. Need to fix drives asap.

Matdif

Explorer
I was running a raidz3 pool with 8 drives on my old server. I suddenly had trouble with 3 of the 8 drives dropping and determine the motherboard had an issue. The issue was coming from a chip that handled some of the additional sata ports and I shut down immediately to migrate. I just replaced the server with a new one and imported my degraded pool. Currently freenas (11.2) seems to be scanning the drives and I was wondering if I have to wait this out before reslivering the down drives. Currently the storage>disks and storage>pools>status shows all 8 drives but they all seem to be online. On the main dashboard the pool shows as healthy with all 8 drives though disk details are not available. When I choose reports and look at all 8 disks on the activity graphs only five are shown. Pretty sure I am at 5/8 drives and freenas is scanning them. Storage/pools/pool status shows resilver at the top with status scanning. Am I stuck waiting the scan out? Edit: Drives are 4tb if anyone has insight in how long the scan takes.

Matdif

Explorer
Scan finish in like 1-2 hours. The pool shows healthy but I think I messed it up a bit. Feel like importing all 8 drives made freenas gui not react to the 3 drives that are currently degraded. Did quick smart tests to figure out which drives were down and replaced one. Reslivering now. By morning I hopefully should be +1 on redundancy and will initiate a second. If I do this for all three the gui will be able to detect any future drives that go down? I really think I messed up importing all 8 instead of 5 drives.

garm

Wizard
If you had a crap SATA port multiplier die on you and you are able to import the pool on another system then you might be fine

What is the output of zpool status (in CODE brackets)

Matdif

Explorer
Code:
dataconnect1@freenas:~ % zpool status
  pool: Main
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
        continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
  scan: resilver in progress since Wed Aug 14 05:18:08 2019
        2.94T scanned at 2.59G/s, 65.5G issued at 147M/s, 13.9T total
        7.50G resilvered, 0.46% done, 1 days 03:32:50 to go
config:

NAME                                                  STATE     READ WRI                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             TE CKSUM
        Main                                                  DEGRADED     0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
          raidz3-0                                            DEGRADED     0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/f5c153d7-be4a-11e9-b436-ac1f6bb1fb78.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/42f6cccc-ac0e-11e4-88ca-d050991b61e1.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/529b0061-abc0-11e9-aba0-d05099c2b517.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/441b18aa-ac0e-11e4-88ca-d050991b61e1.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/47b7d584-ab33-11e9-aba0-d05099c2b517.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            replacing-5                                       UNAVAIL      0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
              14276650983352242409                            UNAVAIL      0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0  was /dev/gptid/3f1589de-ac07-11e9-b368-d05099c2b517.eli
              gptid/8a842089-be8d-11e9-ad75-ac1f6bb1fb78.eli  ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/45e0d73d-ac0e-11e4-88ca-d050991b61e1.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0
            gptid/4679a548-ac0e-11e4-88ca-d050991b61e1.eli    ONLINE       0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  0     0

errors: No known data errors

pool: freenas-boot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        freenas-boot  ONLINE       0     0     0
          ada8p2    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

I think I am good now. I will just need to wait on this second drive and resilver the third. The only reason the drives did not report as failed is that I imported them in that state I believe.