Mount SMB share on VM Ubuntu 18.04

Gensor

Cadet
After completing the following I now have read access, but not write access in Ubuntu. Full access is capable in a remote windows machine. Please advise how to gain write access. Thanks.

YouTube videos used to install FreeNas 11.3-U1 and Ubuntu 18.04
11.3 smb setup
FreeNAS 11 - Creating a Ubuntu VM

Ubuntu terminal, created folders with user-group/UI-GID of root 0 and enduser 1000
Code:
sudo apt-get install cifs-utils
sudo mkdir /mnt/windowshare
mkdir /home/enduser/windowshare 

Then modified file
Code:
sudo -s nano /etc/fstab

Added lines to the bottom
Code:
# FreeNAS SMB windowshare mount
//192.169.1.13/windowshare  /mnt/windowshare  cifs  username=homeuser,password=homeuser2,  0  0
//192.169.1.13/windowshare  /home/enduser/windowshare  cifs  username=homeuser,password=homeuser2  0  0

Then mounted the share
Code:
sudo mount -a

mrripley

Cadet
I'm having a very similar problem. I just upgraded to 11.3U1 from 11.1U5. Ubuntu servers that had fully working SMB shares can't write to those shares now. I can read and write to the shares from a Windows machine. I'm still searching the forums and other sites to try and find a resolution.

Has anyone else seen this and hopefully solved it?

mrripley

Cadet
Here is an fstab entry that worked fine in 11.1:

//172.16.11.25/media /media/storage cifs vers=3.0,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0

I had Allow Guest Access enabled. I found that also enabling Only Allow Guest Access made it so that I can write to the share from Linux boxes now. But I don't understand why that would be necessary.