Modified Plex install got broke after 11.2-U6 update

ThreeDee

Guru
I was running the regular Plex plugin jail that I had modified to get the latest repos instead of quarterly. After updating to 11.2-U6, I could no longer access Plex.

I installed the plex-pass plug in and reset up everything (no modifications ;) ) .. after verified everything was working, I deleted the old Plex jail. All is good now and I think I will leave the jail alone this time.... :D

My other 2 "home grown" jails that I built from scratch, were not affected

berey

Cadet
I had the same thing happen to my standard install of the plex (w/ pass) plugin. After the update to U6 and (possibly) an attempt to update the plugin, Plex web interface would only respond with "connection refused."

Bugs have been submitted and documented. But, like you, I found that removing and re-installing the plugin (w/ plexpass) works.

Here's something I noticed though: The plex w/ plexpass plugin used to install to iocage/jails/plex/

It's now installing to: /iocage/jails/plex-plexpass/

One wonders if this change is what's breaking prior plexpass installs.

ThreeDee

Guru
No issues prior to 11.2-U6 with my Plex jail .. now, with the new stock plex-plexpass jail .. Plex keeps dropping out and becoming inaccessible. I can stop the jail and then start it and it works again for however long .. I can't hit "restart" because it gives me a "plex is already running" error. .. hmmm :confused:

ThreeDee

Guru
I stopped the plex-plexpass jail and then hit update .. it did it's thing and then I restarted the jail and it hasn't dropped out since .. :rolleyes:

cygnus

Explorer
I have found that my Plex plugin wont autostart on boot, but will then start without issue when manually start it. V odd.... and annoying

ThreeDee

Guru
I have found that my Plex plugin won't autostart on boot, but will then start without issue when manually start it. V odd.... and annoying
if you stop the jail .. then hit "Update" ... let it do it's thing and then restart the jail .. reboot and see if it automagically autostarts all of a sudden

cygnus

Explorer
Thanks I'll give it a try!

ThreeDee

Guru
Thanks I'll give it a try!
it fixed my random goofiness i was having .. hopefully that does the trick for yuh ... :confused: