Mobo recommandation for AMD A8-7600

borisko

Cadet
Hi everyone.

First of, I know this is not recommended hardware but that's the only thing I had on hand for the project, hence me trying to make it work with what I have (will probably try to upgrade some time end of the year). I've read the Hardware 2016 recommendation pdf, but as you will see below, hard to make any of it work in my area.

The mobo in my build is probably the main point of failure, and I don't trust it quite as much as I'd like, so I'm trying to wrap my head around what to go for. Would love to get recommendations from you as to what I should go for in terms of motherboard, ideally a few different ones so I can find something available in the area (I live in the Philippines...) or something below 100$ if ever (or else I'm better off finding a cheap Xeon and go for supermicro, right?). Or if I should jump abandon that cpu and mobo altogether and plan again for an upgrade.

Note that 2nd-hand Server hardware is especially hard to find in my area, especially proper processors and motherboards. The best I've found is an E5-2660 v2 Xeon for 60$ that's popped up 2 days ago, a Xeon E31225 SR00G for 50$, and server motherboards are literally nowhere to be found (or I don't type the model right maybe?). I don't mind shipping stuff up here, as long as it's not twice the actual price, but would love to make what i have work instead.

Usage:
- Home office, 3 people, mostly storage and backup.

- 2 pools
1 with 3x 1TB mismatch HDDs as raidz1 (my "dump" pool where a Syncthing jail is currently running from).
1 with 2x 4TB WD Reds mirrored. that's my main storage/backup pool, where the syncthing storage folders are (is that a bad thing by the way?).

- Mostly me, or at max a total of 3 people accessing the NAS at any given time, 2 of which rarely using the storage. I solely have Syncthing as a jail to sync my main 2 work document folders, and don't really plan to run anything else than that. I have noticed my system has become a bit unresponsive sometimes since I added the syncthing jail a few days ago. Not sure if the reason is that jail itself, or my ram/mobo that's slowly giving up (nothing indicates it is though).

Hardware:
5 drives as described above
AMD A8-7600
16GB ram
OEM crappy motherboard
A cheap-o SATA card pci-e that's been doing the work, although I'd love to have 6 sata ports out of the mobo directly so I don't have to use that one.
Corsair VS450 450w PSU
Gigabit internet integrated to the mobo
Freenas running from a small Kingston 120gb SSD (it's overkill, I know, but I had it brand new for a miserable price and heard a friend telling it's quite more reliable than double usb sticks, so I went for it).

Thanks in advance for your help!