imcontreras

Cadet
forgot to add
small SELFT-TEST on all hard drives report:
Completed without error

freenas.PNG

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What's the problem here, the error message? If so, please post the output of smartctl -a for those disks.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
FreeNAS-11.3-U2.1
Why that version? why not use 11.3-U4.1? There were issues with the checking code some versions back that resulted in what you see... in the latest versions, you have the option to force it, ignoring errors like that.

Z80user

Cadet
mush be a checkbox than say something as "force" select it and you mush can create the pool, I did it with several disks of 160GB of diferent brands (also raidz-2 with 8 HDD) and because some have some extra sectors on the disk the utility don't allow you to do that.
now I start to replace all of them with disks of bigger size until I can reach 8 HDDs of 4TB, actually I only have 6 and I need to buy 2 more I had the same issue.

To check if the sizes match, press on the "auto" button and the web interface will add all of the HDD of the esact same size, see if some didn't add and check it

mark that HDDs than are of the same size to know it, maybe one day you need that information

imcontreras

Cadet
Why that version? why not use 11.3-U4.1? There were issues with the checking code some versions back that resulted in what you see... in the latest versions, you have the option to force it, ignoring errors like that.
The ISO I download had the old version and I try to process the update from the web GUI but I think something when wrong
be980460-930b-4a30-9605-0da8f1bfdc47.jpg

imcontreras

Cadet
What's the problem here, the error message? If so, please post the output of smartctl -a for those disks.
Yes the issue is the error, I confused because all HD are the same size but @Z8user and I have the same issue,they are all WD but some are black and some are Blue

imcontreras

Cadet
mush be a checkbox than say something as "force" select it and you mush can create the pool, I did it with several disks of 160GB of diferent brands (also raidz-2 with 8 HDD) and because some have some extra sectors on the disk the utility don't allow you to do that.
now I start to replace all of them with disks of bigger size until I can reach 8 HDDs of 4TB, actually I only have 6 and I need to buy 2 more I had the same issue.

To check if the sizes match, press on the "auto" button and the web interface will add all of the HDD of the esact same size, see if some didn't add and check it

mark that HDDs than are of the same size to know it, maybe one day you need that information
Right in the money,

Thanks for the explanation, now makes more sense for me
freenas2.PNG