mismatch data between the pool and the share. Freenas 11.3-U3

Gerryatric

Cadet
Hello
This is a strange one. Being fairly new to Freenas, I am not super knowledgeable when it comes to the complex ins and outs of the software.

But this is strange and I can not find a way to fix it. I have browsed the forums for any related items and can't see at this stage any help

My Freenas box is running on an HP Microserver NL40 with 2 x 3TB and 2 x 5TB in separate pools.
I was able to share the 3TB pool and access the data from my windows machine and also set a share to access from my Synology box as a backup.
When I am sharing the 5TB array, It is sharing the drive, but the data doesn't correlate to what is actually on the drive.

It says a total of .98 TB is on the share, but FreeNAS pool is showing 2.98TB. And when I browse the share, some of the directories are empty of files and or directories.

I am not seeing any errors coming up on the drive or in Freenas.
This has me a little stumped.
I have unmounted the drives from Windows and Synology. I have removed the shares on Freenas. I recreated everything and still the same issue.
Does anyone know of this issue?

Thanks

Gerryatric

Cadet
further to this issue is that FTP to the drive share shows the same problem. 2/3rd of data is not showing.
oh me oh my.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Output of zfs list?

You probably have the data in folders under the root dateset then at some point you created datesets and mounted that over the folders.

Gerryatric

Cadet
Oh. That may be the case. How do I fix that?

Gerryatric

Cadet
here is the output of the zfs list and iostat.
it seems to show that the data is there.?

Attachments

• zfs list.png
    zfs list.png
    180 KB · Views: 133

Gerryatric

Cadet
Is someone able to assist me in this effort. being new, helpful advice is really needed.
if I am wasting my time and the data is not really there, please advise.
if there is a way to recover the 3 TB of data that Freenas is reporting to be there on the drive, then please let me know.
kind regards and thanks in advance.

David
A freenas newbie

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
First, do all the files and directories appear when you navigate them in the FreeNAS shell? We need to see if they're still actually there.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I am about to go to sleep but to get this solved over the course of the next one or two days, please familiarize yourself with using putty.exe or the Windows 10 powershell SSH to access your FreeNAS via SSH. Enable the SSH service and configure it to permit root login.

Because we are going to need the command line and the CLI built in to the web UI just does not cut it.

Gerryatric

Cadet
Hi Samuel
The root directory structure is there when I map to it from windows or Synology. but if I go into some of the directories in the root, some of the subs are missing along with files. like it is partially there but not. but on Freenas, my main dataset is still showing 2.97TB used. but in windows or Synology, it is only showing .98TB properties

Gerryatric

Cadet
I am currently configuring SSH now Patrick. I am familiar with putty already