Miniserver DLNA

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt. My intention is to install Miniserver DLNA over a NAS, so I would like to know if it's possible to install Miniserver over FreeNAS. I understand that FreeNAS is base upon Linux so I think I would not have any issue if I install the Linux version of Miniserver. That's right? Or I would have any trouble.

Thank you
Kind regards
Luigi

hervon

Patron
Welcome to FreeNAS. FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD not linux. I have MiniDLNA working thanks to this link and this link. Good reading. Plex works great too. Plenty of links in the forums.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I understand that FreeNAS is base upon Linux so I think I would not have any issue if I install the Linux version of Miniserver. That's right? Or I would have any trouble.
That is wrong. FreeNAS is based off of FreeBSD. This is not the same a Linux, it's just some of the commands are similar so a person can easily think that. FreeBSD does have MiniDLNA as @hervon suggested. It's not perfect but if you have a limited machine then it may be good for you. Also as mentioned above, Plex has a built-in DLNA server which is also great for limited machines and not using the Plex client.