MiniDLNA & XBOX 360 or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

matlock

Contributor
Hey all:
Been away for a bit but i finally had some time to play with the MiniDLNA plugin and trying to get it to stream videos to my xbox 360.

I can see when i restart freenas that the mount points i've created to put media into the minidlna media directory is working properly. I can also go into the minidlna under services (on the left most menu) and further confirm the mount points working right.

I've changed the discover interval from the default 860+ seconds- to 60 seconds for testing purposes- and my xbox or ps3 still dont pick up my minidlna friendly name.

I made sure upnp on my routers were all on. Not that i'm sure if this would influence this situation- but i turned it on anyways.
(also played with some port forwarding- again not sure if it would make a difference- which it didnt)

I'm not sure what else to try- any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

-Matlock

matlock

Contributor
I've got 8.2 beta4 running
x64

two routers - ddwrt - setup in a repeater bridge configuration. The xbox is on the bridged (secondary) router. I'll connect the xbox directly to the primary router an see if its my network setup causing me grief.

Aside from the network setup- I'd like to get some insight for others who have tried this. Am I going down the wrong path with minidlna and my consoles? Does anyone have this type of setup (minidlna -> xbox360)?

-Matlock

Status
Not open for further replies.