miniDLNA issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

paleoN

Wizard
Yes, a mount point for the jail already exist
Whatever you do don't say how it's configured as that couldn't possibly be helpful in troubleshooting this.

Tell me please, how I can see, that the directory exist in the Jail!
It doesn't exist. I already knew it didn't exist. Once you say what the mountpoint config is we can go from there.

phiku

Dabbler
Whatever you do don't say how it's configured as that couldn't possibly be helpful in troubleshooting this.

It doesn't exist. I already knew it didn't exist. Once you say what the mountpoint config is we can go from there.

Oh sorry you are nearly right. The mount point wasn't wrong, but the media-directory for minidlna. Here are my setting for the mount point: source: /mnt/volume1/videos
destination: /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media

After I changed the path of the minidlna directory to /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media , minidlna found my videos and I can see them on the TV. But the error-messages from previous posts still extist - whatever it works.

Rks

Dabbler
mdlna shell path

How do you delete the path in the shell?
please give your commands

You need to enter the jail for which use the following commands
[root@freenas] jls
it should give you an output like
PID IP Address Hostname Path
1 - PluginJail /mnt/tank/d1/PluginJail
I am told not to worry if i get - for the IP address. Not the PID and this is to be used in the next command after jexec
[root@freenas] jexec 1 /bin/tcsh
[PluginJail]minidlna -h will give you the options to start minidlna and its settings like the listening ip, port, mode. Alternatively the webgui is able to give minidlna the start up settings. Minidlna started from the shell will update in the webgui on refreshing.

lazoNAS

Cadet
hi friends

my configurations:
media_dir=/mnt/tank/jail/plugin/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/www
port=8200
inotify=yes
enable_tivo=no
strict_dlna=no
notify_interval=895
friendly_name=FreeDLNA
media_dir=V,/mnt/tank/jail/plugin/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/www/Video
media_dir=A,/mnt/tank/jail/plugin/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/www/Music
media_dir=P,/mnt/tank/jail/plugin/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/www/Photo

minidlna1.jpg

minidlna2.jpg

Why is that a problem?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Because the plugin in 8.2.0-RELEASE is buggy for selecting the paths, use minidlna plugin from 8.3.0-BETA2

Status
Not open for further replies.