miniDLNA issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctowle

Dabbler
Hi, I have the plugins jail installed, and the minidlna plugin up and running, but on my devices the folders are empty. I tried making a mount point, but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

phiku

Dabbler
Hi folks, I have an another Issue with miniDLNA in the new Release 8.2. Even when I activate the minidlna Plugin it turns itself off after a second. I get the message: Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.178:28/plugins/minidlna/_s/status HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

After that my Jail Plugin is acting strange and I can not ping the Jail IP anymore and must removed it form the system.

Any Ideas?

frank3523

Dabbler
did you update the pbi files after updating to 8.2 release.
If not the minidlna plugin will not start.

phiku

Dabbler
yes I take the new version of the plugins. But it is my first use of the plugin-system. I upgraded my system from 8.0.4-Release-p3 yesterday. I've followed the instructions in the documentation, but it won't work :(

Must I use Mount Points for minidlna?

The Jail IP is still reachable!

phiku

Dabbler

paleoN

Wizard
Why is there no IP Address in this output? I already wrote the IP Address 192.168.178.51 in the Jail-Plugin and it is still pingable by other hosts.
Because they switched to vimage for the jail networking. It no longer shows up in the jls output.

What does the minidlna log say, /var/log/minidlna.log inside the jail.

Are you able to ping the jail IP or not?

paleoN

Wizard
I tried making a mount point, but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What's the mountpoint and what directory do you have minidlna set to?

Rks

Dabbler
minidlna does not start

I have a similar issue. Installed 8.2.0 on a system running 8.0.4 for the DLNA function.

I was missing Fuppes on the 8.0.4 version. I've earlier used 0.7 with fuppes. The installation was a breeze (After using a ZFS disk) but I am stuck at starting the minidlna. I am able to install the jail PBI and also the transmission and the firefly (DAAP) PBI. The firefly pbi is working and am able to stream to my Ipad the entire 1 TB of music on my Freenas. (Have not used transmission). The minidlna installation goes through. I am able to configure the plug-in as well. But when i try to start the server fails to start. It does not give any error message on the console window or the webgui. The animation graphics on clicking the plug-in comes and then goes back to off instead of switching on. This is a fresh installation, I have tried various times (after deleting the entire Jail) just installing minidlna with mount points and without mount points, with serial number etc. Changing the configuration of the plug-in does not seem to matter. Any help appreciated.

I am using a x64 installation on a Intel Core 2 Duo machine/Intel Mobo.

phiku

Dabbler
Because they switched to vimage for the jail networking. It no longer shows up in the jls output.

What does the minidlna log say, /var/log/minidlna.log inside the jail.

Are you able to ping the jail IP or not?

Here is the log file
[2012/07/24 16:12:31] minidlna.c:926: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.0.22 [SQLite 3.7.9].
[2012/07/24 16:12:31] minidlna.c:949: warn: Creating new database...
[2012/07/24 16:12:31] minidlna.c:1020: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200

I can see my DLNA-Server on my TV, but there are no files. By the way I add an mount point for the DLNA, but this makes no difference.

Rks

Dabbler
minidlna started

I have a similar issue. Installed 8.2.0 on a system running 8.0.4 for the DLNA function.

But when i try to start the server fails to start. It does not give any error message on the console window or the webgui.

Playing around with the shell and with
{Jail}jexec 1 /bin/tcsh
{Jail}minidlna and came up with an error that the mount directory is not accessible. Which is true inside the shell.

Apparently the GUI provides the full path rather than the relative path from the jail home. Deleting the path to the jail solves the issue and minidlna starts from the shell. It does not stop or restart from the GUI.

Can i access the minidlna through the webbrowser.

Rks

Dabbler
mdlna issue

executing minidlna in the shell starts the plug-in. It serves the files to my ps3 - however lot a file are displaying as unsupported.

Now my challenge is to start minidlna from the webgui interface. Also i have to go to the shell everytime and start the minidlna which is a pain.

paleoN

Wizard
Here is the log file
[2012/07/24 16:12:31] minidlna.c:926: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.0.22 [SQLite 3.7.9].
[2012/07/24 16:12:31] minidlna.c:949: warn: Creating new database...
[2012/07/24 16:12:31] minidlna.c:1020: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200

I can see my DLNA-Server on my TV, but there are no files. By the way I add an mount point for the DLNA, but this makes no difference.
What do you have configured for the MiniDLNA Media Directory? You should see a line about scanner.c scanning whatever folder you set in the log.

paleoN

Wizard
Can i access the minidlna through the webbrowser.
No, minidlna does not have a web interface.

It serves the files to my ps3 - however lot a file are displaying as unsupported.
That's because Sony is stupid and they are "unsupported." You will have to transcode those files if you want to play them on the PS3. And no minidlna doesn't transcode.

phiku

Dabbler
Apparently the GUI provides the full path rather than the relative path from the jail home. Deleting the path to the jail solves the issue and minidlna starts from the shell. It does not stop or restart from the GUI.

How do you delete the path in the shell?
please give your commands

phiku

Dabbler
What do you have configured for the MiniDLNA Media Directory? You should see a line about scanner.c scanning whatever folder you set in the log.

There is no line with "scanner.c" in the miniDLNA log file! My Directory for the MiniDLNA is /mnt/volume1/Videos

paleoN

Wizard
My Directory for the MiniDLNA is /mnt/volume1/Videos
Does this directory exist inside the jail?

Did you configure a mountpoint for the jail?

phiku

Dabbler
Does this directory exist inside the jail?

Did you configure a mountpoint for the jail?

Yes, a mount point for the jail already exist

Tell me please, how I can see, that the directory exist in the Jail!

Status
Not open for further replies.