MineOS Unable to install

Wafflez19

Cadet
Was able to install the plugin before updating freenas to the latest version but I wanted to reinstall the plugin to reset my configs that ended up not working like I wanted. Now I'm getting the following error when I try installing it.

Error: MineCraft had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - sysutils/rdiff-backup :,sysutils/screen :,net/rsync :,devel/gmake :,devel/git-lite :,lang/python3 :,www/node10 :,www/npm-node10 :,java/openjdk8-jre :,ftp/wget :,shells/bash : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Are these packages just old/renamed (since java should be still there) or is something more going on with my setup that might be preventing this from installing?

Thank you for your report. I submitted a patch to have this fixed, but it may take a few days until this is merged.

EDIT: Manual workaround no longer relevant

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I have always had good results using a standard jail and this documentation:

Wafflez19

Cadet
Thank you two for your time and input. I went ahead and tried the first approach given and it seems to be working. I'll be keeping the link to that documentation for future reference.

ornias

Wizard
I have always had good results using a standard jail and this documentation:
It's actually quite odd a plugin would fail considering it's just a PKG....
That being said, i'm going to add it do my not-so-personal wishlist :D

By default, iocage automatically destroys the jail when it runs into any issues while "installing" a plugin, as it assumes it won't work without that package. This is usually a valid assumption. :D

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
It's actually quite odd a plugin would fail considering it's just a PKG....
That being said, i'm going to add it do my not-so-personal wishlist :D
It's more than just a package. The packages are just the build tools you need to checkout MineOS from Github and build it.

freezen

Cadet
Hello, hope you're fine.

There still seem to issues on my end with this.

Is your "fix" link still working? bcs it tells me "not found".

Thank you for you guidance

The original issue was resolved, but a few days later another package had issues and that fix is still waiting to be committed.

There's another workaround here:

ramzy

Cadet
I'm getting the same runtime error, does anyone have a quick tutorial on how to install using the manual command line. As you can see I am a complete noob when it comes to truenas. Would greatly appreciate your help, thank-you

I think you are getting this error. Please don't double post.

ramzy

Cadet
Yeah I just want to know if there was an update on the fix or if there will be a fix.