Massive Network speed increase with latest update

So, Ive been trying for several months now to track down why my NAS seems to transfer and receive so slowly across my network (all gigabit, all cat6...)
Until just a couple days ago when I took the latest update (I had avoided doing so up until then as I was trying not to cause anything "new" in my network while trying to figure out WTF was up with my network speeds...

Anyway, I have a Broadcom chip in my NAS. Does anyone know if there were specific tweaks applied to the broadcom "drivers"? (I went from 1MB/s before the update to 10MB/s after the update) Im still not where I SHOULD be or want to be.. (I Should be easily getting 80MB/s but would be happy at 50-60 for what we use it for)…

Any help or ideas are appreciated...

D

dlavigne

Which version did you update from? What type of file sharing?

Which version did you update from? What type of file sharing?

I was on 11.2.U2.3 (I believe)… and went to 11.2.U4.1
File system is NFS.

(And just in case additional specs are needed... CPU: Xeon X5667 @3.07GHz, 48GB RAM, 4x8TB Seagate Barracuda drives, Avg Temp ~30, CPU avg: ~25%, Mem utilization ~35GB)

2nd-in-charge

Explorer
I have a Broadcom chip in my NAS. Does anyone know if there were specific tweaks applied to the broadcom "drivers"?
We have Broadcom NIC in the old system (see signature), easily get full speed (>100MBps) via SMB shares.
File system is NFS.
Maybe create an SMB share and test using Windows PC?
Also test the read and write speeds using dd. Could be the storage pool problem.
CPU avg: ~25%
This looks high.

We have Broadcom NIC in the old system (see signature), easily get full speed (>100MBps) via SMB shares.

Maybe create an SMB share and test using Windows PC?
Also test the read and write speeds using dd. Could be the storage pool problem.

This looks high.
YOU LOOK HIGH!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist)...

I will set up an SMB share this evening and test....Its just weird to me to have gone so long on such a subpar speed, take an update and bam... 10x as fast... (Nothing else changed... even reboots occur with some common frequency so as to have been eliminated)