Make my FreeNAS a backup server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cariffo

Cadet
Hello... first of all I would like to inform you that im a FreeNAS (and also a backup) noob.
My problem is that I am currently trying to turn my FreeNAS to a backup server that would allow me to backup windows and linux hosts but the problem is I somehow couldnt get Crashplan running. I really liked the simple idea behind Crashplan (just pair 2 machines to your account and you can backup your files from one to another) but after countless hours trying to set my crashplan on FreeNAS as the location that would be used by my host as a storage point, im lost... I also wanted to give the bacula plugin a go but i couldnt find anything to help me set it up. So now im here begging you for help... I would really need and appreciate some kind of a guide or a suggestion what my next step should be.

This is really really important for me since its a project i cant just let go of.... Thank you and sorry for my lack of knowledge.

PhilipS

Contributor
I run Crashplan in an Ubuntu VM on FreeNAS since Crashplan doesn't officially support BSD and it looked like too much of a hassle to keep a crashplan plugin running. This is using a virtualbox jail in 9.10. I will probably do something similar when it is time to migrate to Corral.

Status
Not open for further replies.