SOLVED LSI 9211-8i boots extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBoosteR

Guru
OK so I managed to flash to IT firmware again without the MPT BIOS. Everything works...

But unfortunately, TRIM for my SSDs is still NOT available! :( Wasted 3 hours to get this working, I suppose. Sadpanda :(
Hey,

did not read that you are using IR firmware before. I thought you are using the onboard raid and this passed to windows.

But yes, you can use the LSI cards without the BIOS as you can see ;)

If you just passthru the disks, Windows should be able to TRIM.
Maybe you show us a screenshot from your disks @Windows and the Samsung Magican output.

But we should go back also to the OP of this thread questions...

EvilDragon

Cadet
How do I passthru the disks (without MPT BIOS, as it is now)? Samsung Magician doesn't recognize the SSDs connected to LSI at all, Windows recognizes them but doesn't allow TRIM at all:

upload_2017-7-2_14-4-29.png

Drives D, E, F, G and K are hooked to the LSI card.

IceBoosteR

Guru

EvilDragon

Cadet
Hmmm, might be? I never used any of the MPT BIOS functionality - I just slotted in a drive when I bought it, don't recall formatting them (even so - how does formatting from Windows result in a differently formatted NTFS (!) drive, whether IR or IT firmware is used? Isn't NTFS NTFS and that's that?).

So what should I do now, then? Copy the data over to another drive, then reformat, then return data back, now that I have IT firmware? I am not sure if that would help at all... Is there something I need to do in Disk Management in W10?

BTW - I am NOT using any form of RAID at all. I'm just connecting these drives to the LSI card, just like I would plug them into the mobo. I use two 4-on-1 SAS to SATA cables connected to two 5.25" front panel bays that can hold 4 2.5" drives. That's my setup:

wp_20170603_12_15_59_pro-png.8690

wp_20170603_12_16_46_pro-png.8691
wp_20170603_12_18_56_pro-png.8692

Last edited:

EvilDragon

Cadet
OK I just tried to reformat the smaller drive (K) now that IT firmware is on, but no changes even after that. Still cannot TRIM it...

IceBoosteR

Guru
OK I just tried to reformat the smaller drive (K) now that IT firmware is on, but no changes even after that. Still cannot TRIM it...
Well thats strange....
In that case I am out. No idea how to tune that feature back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.