looking for certbot in nextcloud plugin

SpazzyC

Cadet
Hello,
I've installed the Nextcloud Plugin on freenas 11.2-stable.
Setup was fine, and I was going to expose the instance to the internet to allow syncing with my phone.
I went into the jail to setup letsencrypt for for ssl, but I am unable to find certbot.

>pkg install py27-certbot
Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...
iocage-plugins repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'py27-certbot' have been found in the repositories

>pkg search *certbot*
pkg: No match.

Could someone please let me know what I have missed, or the location of the documentation for getting ssl in an iocage jail.

Thank you.

samuel-emrys

Contributor
Another alternative is to re-enable the FreeBSD repository, and disable the iocage-plugins repository. This can be done by opening /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf and adjusting { enabled: no } to { enabled: yes }, and the opposite for /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/iocage-plugins.conf. I don't actually have any plugins installed, so I took a guess at the file names, but whatever they are they will be in this directory. Also, approach this with care; I'm not sure what the long term effects are of disabling the iocage-plugins repository. Presumably this is what the plugins will use to update, so this might break things in the long term. You could also switch back after installing certbot I guess.

Zxarr

Cadet
Everything here seems to be some 'round about way' of getting certbot installed. Not sure what will happen when it's time to update if I adjust the repos. I might just return to using a VM on my ESX server, with an NFS share on FreeNAS.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I have some reading to do before I decide what I will do.

samuel-emrys

Contributor
Everything here seems to be some 'round about way' of getting certbot installed. Not sure what will happen when it's time to update if I adjust the repos. I might just return to using a VM on my ESX server, with an NFS share on FreeNAS.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I have some reading to do before I decide what I will do.
You could also just install Nextcloud manually, nothing roundabout there