Logitech Media Server for FreeNAS 9.2.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirkkalap

Dabbler
I had some locale problems too, so I rudely edited the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms and added my preferred locale to the lms_start_precommand procedure:

Code:
root@LogitechMediaServer:/ # grep -B6 -A5 locale /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms       
lms_start_precmd()                                                             
{                                                                             
        if [ ! -d "/var/run/$name" ]; then                                     
                mkdir /var/run/$name                                           
        fi                                                                     
        export LANG=en_US.UTF-8                                               
        locale                                                                 
        chown $user:$group /var/run/$name                                     
}                                                                             

lms_stop_postcmd()                                                             
{                                                                             
root@LogitechMediaServer:/ #

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Does that actually solve the problem sirkkalap?

sirkkalap

Dabbler
Does that actually solve the problem sirkkalap?

For me it does. I also added the LANG setting in my /etc/profile, but that is for login shells only.

My LMS reports freebsd - FI - utf8 as the locale in the settings -> info and I see öä correctly in file browsers and indexed data.

I edited the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms file, stopped service (service lms stop) and started the service again (service lms start). That did the trick for me.

I also dropped the /usr/local/lms/Cache, and did a complete reindex, as the cache seemed to contain some data that did not refresh.

-Pete

I had some locale problems too, so I rudely edited the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms and added my preferred locale to the lms_start_precommand procedure:

Thank you sirkkalap - this worked for me!! :)

I'm going to try the same on my Subsonic jail now because I have the same issue.

:cool: sirkkalap, one more question, did you rm the entire cache folder or just the cache.db file?

mrMuppet

Contributor
Will this work with couchpotato, too? Cp is having that big issues with äöü,...

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy S3 mit Tapatalk.

ChrisFitzFor

Cadet
Another way to solve this locale problem is to

1. shutdown the service
  2. edit/usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
  3. change line with command_args into:
    Code:
    command_args="--daemon --pidfile=${pidfile} --charset utf8"
  4. start service
There is no need to adjust any shell env variable.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Interesting idea ChrisFitzFor. But I actually get the error still...

[PANEL]command_args="--daemon --pidfile=${pidfile} --charset utf8"

root@LMS:/ # service lms start
Starting lms.
Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames. Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8
[14-04-23 05:15:46.6252] main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.0, 1395409907, Thu Mar 27 13:33:11 PDT 2014) perl 5.016003
[/PANEL]

Can this be ignored as that change really applies and whatever is checking the locale isn't aware of the change?

ChrisFitzFor

Cadet
Yes, seems like it. This message turns up after service start whatever I do.
Even when all env variables are all set properly. Maybe one should ask djoole.
Anyhow, I decided to ignore this message since all special chars are displayed correctly now (in box and webfrontend) and even lms' webfrontend shows the right locale. (Also when you change the language)

Whats silly is though, that if you browse via album, all special chars were correct anyway, when names've been taken from the ID-Tags and not from filenames.

Spiff

Cadet
For me everything worked perfectly with FreeNAS 9.2.1.5. I had LMS running in a Linux-Jail before but that didn't work with Andoid Apps because they didn't find the players (actually the app didn't find the server). Using Your script, everything is working perfectly now without any issues (and a newer LMS version is installed too).

Thank you!

mrMuppet

Contributor
Hi,

is there a chance to get an update-script that is as easy to use as the installer? Would be really great!

Benny Mac

Dabbler
Hi. Just want to say big thanks to djoole for making LMS available to us, and to cyberjock's n00b-friendly instructions. It's my first time in FreeNAS, and my first jail, and it's all gone exactly to plan. I'm really excited to bring my Logitech radios and touches back to life! If only Logitech would see the light as well ...

Cheers all !

xcom

Contributor
just wanted to report that the lms file is now off line. Even if I try to download it manually I get a french error page and it seems to be related to the amount of downloads allowe

Update: It looks like it just does not like my IP..

Update2: A small modification to the script and all is well. Thanks for this. =]

Nikkiez

Cadet
Hey guys,
is it a good idea to give the whole jail permission 777? Is this unproblematic? Or did I misunderstand the instructions?

Best
Nikkiez

dagcenter

Cadet
I know I will probably be somewhat hated for this, but is there a step for step-guide for dummies regarding this?
I have no knowledge of "jail" or whatsoever, I have up until now used Freenas 7 and my Sqeueezebox and I just want it to work with Freenas 9. I have no need for anything more than my usual movies/music and the squeezeserver plugin.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hey guys,
is it a good idea to give the whole jail permission 777? Is this unproblematic? Or did I misunderstand the instructions?

Best
Nikkiez

You do and many programs in the jail will stop running because the program checks to make sure you didn't do something it defines as "incredibly stupid". So playing with your jails if you don't know better is very dubious, at best.

I know I will probably be somewhat hated for this, but is there a step for step-guide for dummies regarding this?
I have no knowledge of "jail" or whatsoever, I have up until now used Freenas 7 and my Sqeueezebox and I just want it to work with Freenas 9. I have no need for anything more than my usual movies/music and the squeezeserver plugin.

No, there isn't. You just have to bust out the Google and start learning crap about FreeBSD. The technical successor to FreeNAS 7 is NAS4Free.

Nikkiez

Cadet
Hey dagcenter,
try the following step by step instructions.
  1. Create a fresh pluginjail (BROWSER)
  2. Download the "installme.sh" (BROWSER)
  3. Paste the "installme.sh" into the root of the jail (FTP/SHELL)
  4. Set the Permissions of the "installme.sh" to 777, type in "chmod 777 installme.sh" (SHELL)
  5. Find out the jail id with "jls" (SHELL)
  6. Login to the jail "jexec jailid shell" for example "jexec 1 /bin/tcsh" (SHELL)
  7. Run the "installme.sh", type in "./installme.sh" (SHELL)
  8. Open the terminal in the browser JAILIP:9000 (BROWSER)
I hope the will help.

Best
Nikkiez

jdoering

Cadet
Are you guys doing anything to avoid unintended uid/gid collisions when the script creates the lms user? lms immediately collided with a normal non-jail user when I ran the script based on the steps above. Perhaps updating /etc/pw.conf (saw that reference here: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/1611)? For plugins like transmission I see that the plug does pick a value out of the normal range but I didn't look into how that's accomplished. Is there a standard pattern for doing it manually in plugin jails?

Hi, has anyone tried updating to a newer version of LMS by following the instructions in djoole's script?
Code:
#Updating LMS should be this easy (not tested, make a backup of your prefs and plugins) :
#1. Download latest LMS Freebsd package from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/
#2. Unpack my package
#3. Replace lms.tgz by the package you just downloaded (becareful it must be named lms.tgz!!)
#4. Change VERSION file content exactly by the main dir name of slimdevice tgz
#5. Repack
#6. Share and Use

I'm keen (and feeling crazy) but I'm too chicken to mess with my perfectly functional 7.8 install without a bit of encouragement :)

Any success stories out there using the above method? Thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I did it, but I did it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.