Login problem SMB Share

Mazufa

Dabbler
Hello! :)

I have a brand new FreeNAS 11.3-RC2 NAS server just installed.
I've done this on a server FreeNAS two different Windows SMB division who are Kaikkea2 and Matias2, and this last one is, therefore, 100% of my personal folder where you do not want others to visit.

Everything2 is a public folder in our home where all family members can store pictures, videos, movies and other data. However, everything2 is password protected and I give this password and username to my family members.

My problem is as follows. I would like my SMB partitions to work so that they are open at the same time, ie Kaikkea2 and Matias2 SMB partitions.

I can easily log in to the Everything2 folder with the Mazufa username. But then when I try to log in to my personal Matias2 folder, I get an error saying that the Specified Network Folder is accessed using a different username and password. To disconnect using a different username and password, first disconnect any existing connections to this network resource.

I logged out and then I yes, I was able to log Matias2 folder, but then when I try to log Kaikkea2 folder so the same error message appears.

What should I do to log in to both folders and keep them open at the same time?

This is my first FreeNAS server and this is very new for me to deal with FreeNAS. I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I didn't post one that would have helped me. I'm sorry if this post is a bit confusing because I have to use google translator.

I hope I can solve this problem with the help of users in this forum! :) Thanks!

Attachments

• error message.JPG
    error message.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 254

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
By "public folder" do you mean that guest access is enabled? If so, then when the Windows client accesses the guest share, it attempts to authenticate with the credentials for your current windows login. It succeeds and receives a guest session. When you try to authenticate to a second non-guest share, you are trying to pass along a second set of credentials, which windows disallows.

For best stability and compatibility with current and future Windows versions, you should only use authenticated (non-guest) accounts. If you really need public access to a share, you can create a generic guest account with a password and use it for authenticating to the share.

Mazufa

Dabbler
By "public folder" do you mean that guest access is enabled? If so, then when the Windows client accesses the guest share, it attempts to authenticate with the credentials for your current windows login. It succeeds and receives a guest session. When you try to authenticate to a second non-guest share, you are trying to pass along a second set of credentials, which windows disallows.

For best stability and compatibility with current and future Windows versions, you should only use authenticated (non-guest) accounts. If you really need public access to a share, you can create a generic guest account with a password and use it for authenticating to the share.

I have tried to do two authenticated account login is successful but still just another Windows division. I always have to log out of another Windows share when I want to log into our family's Kaikkea2 folder.

I want both folders to be open at the same time because they will be faster and easier to use.

I have FreeNAS 11.3-RC2 version.