"Live updates are not support by this system"

Dan Gratton

Dabbler
Hello,

I have succesfully installed the latest version and was able to manually add 2 of my iXSystem storage units. 1 Freenas running 11.0-U4 (soon to go to latest 11.2) and 1 Truenas Z20 HA running TrueNas 11.1-U6.3. I have 2 other freenas NAS unit that I can't seem to add, but that may be a "free" disk limitation.

Could you provide assistance to get these 2 systems showing live data etc..? Also, I am not sure if I read min specs for the freenas/truenas OS version etc..in the Official Release notes/documentation guide.

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• TrueCommand_Live_data_Not_Support_issue.PNG
    TrueCommand_Live_data_Not_Support_issue.PNG
    239.2 KB · Views: 380

aervin

iXsystems
iXsystems
Hey @Dan Gratton , the minimum version for full support is 11.2. To see where you stand with license limitations, try the Administration view. You can find the Administration navigation link in the app header's "cog" menu.

Dan Gratton

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply a the version info. I was looking at the documentation and didn't find that listed anywhere. If it is, could you point me to the info? If so, it would be good to add the Freenas/Truenas OS minimum supported version for other folks!

Thank you!
Dan

Dan Gratton

Dabbler
Also. I just noticed Truenas is not at 11.2 version yet, only 11.1-U7.1 But Freenas IS at 11.2. So, Truecommand was tested on a Truenas 11.2 (must not be out). I don't see if as even a nightly release on my Truenas. Just want to make sure other folks don't come across the same issues I did.

Also, my recommendation, also in this document -> https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/truecommand/1.0/truecommand.html under the 2.1 System Requirements -> I think the minimum OS level should be listed there maybe. Again, just trying to avoid these questions for other users if the info is easily found, accessible and accurate.

Thanks again for this product! It looks really awesome! I am planning to upgrade my 2 Freenas storage units soon to the latest 11.2 so I'm excited to see how this will look with those updated.

Dan