Lidarr Won't Scan question

jemmicat

Cadet
So I installed Lidarr per the guide in here and updated Mono per another guide. I have my "music" forlder mapped to /mnt/Main/Music. It will not scan this. If I add one of the bands that is in this folder, it will scan it just like it should. But it will not scan the whole folder. Following the directions, I modified them to use the media:media user and group. I tried the Lidarr:Lidarr settings and it did not matter. My /mnt/Main/Music folder permissions are 777 root:wheel.

I have tried changing the name of the drive folder to "music" and tried copying it over using freenas and still won't scan. Oddly enough, when I copied everything over to a new drive/folder using my Mac, it scanned it.

This worked when I initially installed Lidarr a couple years ago but somewhere in there it stopped updating the drive with one of the Lidarr updates a year or so ago. Now even if I add the drive, it shows as "unavailable". It would continue to scan the folders that were in there but would not monitor for new files or artists.

The only way I see around it is going through and adding each artist... but there are 3582 artists. So that will take forever. It seems tied to permissions, but I can't sort out what set of permissions will allow it to scan.

Has anyone seen this or have a fix? When the program worked, it was great. I installed it on a windows machine and it works fine but I would prefer it on the server.