Legacy plugin after update to FreeNAS-11.3-U1

Dudenell

Cadet
Hi,

I recently updated from 11.2 (sorry I can't remember which minor version number) to FreeNAS-11.3-U1

I had a Transmission plugin which took me awhile to set up in the legacy interface and haven't got around to porting into the new interface / plugins.

I noticed after updating that I cannot access the older interface nor is the plugin running... I'm assuming there's not a way to start it from the new interface... Is there still a way to access the jail for that plugin?

Thanks,

Dan

tobasama

Cadet
I have the exact same problem. Could not run Transmission in the new Freenas so had to run with legacy. And now, in 11.3, I cannot reach it. Help?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The jail data is still there in your pool so you can copy config files and even data if necessary. But that requires using the command line and there is definitely no way to start the jail in 11.3 to access its UI.

Dudenell

Cadet
The jail data is still there in your pool so you can copy config files and even data if necessary. But that requires using the command line and there is definitely no way to start the jail in 11.3 to access its UI.

Alright so I found the old jail, and I found some of my files in mnt/poolname/jails/transmission_1/var/db/transmission,

and some files in mnt/poolname/jails/transmission_1/var/run

however I feel like I'm missing the database somewhere, not sure if you know where that would be located?

Few things I found online reference a file in a folder called .config but there is no .config directory I can find in the folder transmission_1

numbertwo

Dabbler
I too was upgrading from 11.2 to 11.3-U1. I cannot remember what I did, but I took the bold move of installing the Transmission plugin into 11.3-U1 and everything is still there from the old transmission in 11.2 when i open up the transmission URL.. I wish i could tell you more what I did, but I truly have forgotten. The only problem that i have right now with Transmission in 11.3 is I don't seem to be able to open the URL as i wish, it always failed to open until i restart the plugin again.

msbxa

Contributor
From FreeNAS 11.3-RELEASE Notes

Warden has been removed along with support for warden jails or plugins installed using FreeNAS 11.1 or earlier.

If any Warden jails exist on the system, take the time to recreate them as 11.2 Plugins (which uses the iocage backend) and test that they are working as expected.