Lagg MAC

uri

Dabbler
Hello everyone!

I've become one unexpected problem with lagg interface within fresh installation of Freenas 11.3-u1!

So, I have 6 networks interfaces that I've combine in lagg loadbalance whithin dhcp and now it receives everytime different IP! And I can not add it to AD!

I've read forum treads about lagg and MAC.

I've tried option in lagg interface such as:

ifconfig lagg0 IP

ifconfig lagg0 hw MAC

and it has no success!

I've tried to add IP to address option - no success!

In a fact I also have another Freenas 11.3-u1 server whith Lagg of 4 network interfaces, and it has no such problem whith MAC changing!

How can I make MAC unchangeble for lagg interface?

mccann73

Dabbler
I was just about to raise this issue as well. I run 2 10GB links in LACP (Chelsio 520), everything works fine, switch confirms LACP is working, an it looks ok in FreeNAS, until I reboot, when it will randomly will pick the MAC address from one of the interfaces and change the default MAC address for lagg.

I thought LACP was meant to keep a static mac address whatever the status of each link, i didn't have this issue in 11.2?

I will raise a ticket now i know someone else is having this issue....

Thanks

mccann73

Dabbler

Yorick

Wizard
whithin dhcp

Yup that's been there since 11.3. I changed to a static IP. Really, arguably, that's "cleaner" than a DHCP reservation, anyway.

Dkstallion

Cadet
Hey guys sorry for reviving an old post, im new to the truenas interface really love it, it easy and looks modern.

I had the same problem i have my intel gigabit eth and my second intel pcie card also an gigabit eth connected and when i setup load balance on the system with interface lagg it seems DHCP does not want to play ball , i set all my jails/ plugins to static ip addr to get things working. is this a common fault or just my stupidity ? #Truenas newbie