LAGG FEC TX/RX on one link only

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Cadet
Hello...

I throwed out my old ReadyNAS Duo in favor of the HP Proliant N40L and installed FreeNAS 8.0.3.x64.

As my TP-Link switch supports link aggregation (well, they call it trunking??) I also put in a dual GB adapter and configured LAGG with FEC...

When I copy files over even with more than one session I see that one interface is only sending packets while as the other only receives packets...

Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-22 um 09.36.43.jpg

I guess LACP would be better but those switches are more expensive for home use (o;

louisk

Patron
Seems a little unlikely that it would support FEC (also known as EtherChannel and is Cisco proprietary).

I would talk to their support and find out what kind of lagg they actually use. Their more expensive switches appear to use LACP.

davorin

Cadet
Swapped the switch with a D-Link DGS-1260-10 which supports LACP...but still no difference...

Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-23 um 17.58.37.jpg

louisk

Patron
looks like traffic is now all on one interface, so that's different from your last pic.

lacp is only going to be useful if you have multiple source/destination pairs which are pushing more than 1Gbit. a single source/destination won't use more than 1 link.

Status
Not open for further replies.