SOLVED LACP problem, active/passive issue?

mirkoj

Cadet
HI,
I've installed the latest FreeNAS to what should be my new file server on a small render farm.
Had some issue on not anymore up to task older Synology 1813+ so figured time to try and upgrade a bit.
Got an older
HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 12 LFF
2 x 676947-001, Xeon E5-2420 6 Core 1.9 GHz
6 x 672631-B21, HP 16GB (1x16GB) DDR3 MEM KIT
12 x 693687-B21 HP 4TB 6G SATA 7.2k rpm LFF
2 x 656362-B21, HP 460W Common Slot PSU
All fine, drives are in ZFS raidz3...

But setting up LACP is an impossible mission.
On Synology it works perfectly fine, enable bond in DSM and setup on switch side to enable ports for LACP and all is happily working.
FreeNAS..
Well first, need to create 1 network interface as tmp one, put 3 other ports in LAG, then switch to LAG one and then remove 1st interface and add it to lag is a bit tedious..but ok I can understand that part.
The real issue is creating LAG group.
Trying to creat inside WEB GUI, adding those other 3 interfaces gives an error message like they are already used or something..
And also I tried creating straight from that FNAS startup menu, I delete all interfaces, create LAG, setup IP and mask, but it starts giving these errors.
Looking around it seems like it requires active LACP and my switch don't have the option to select that. Is that the case and if so... what solutions are there?
Any way possible to make LACP work with my switch
https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/managed-switch/tl-sg3424p/#specifications
Any other solutions mean either getting a new switch or getting 10 GB card and again new switch...

Got a bit spoiled by Synology DSM I must say, some concepts in here are a bit confusing but figures just a matter of learning and experience ;)
I appreciate any fast help about LACP issue.
Thank you!!!
Attached screenshot of what happens when I setup ipv4.

Attachments

• 20190817_200335.jpg
    20190817_200335.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 20190817_200556.jpg
    20190817_200556.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 324

mirkoj

Cadet
Ok got it sorted out.
Updated firmware on switch
Back to server, deleted all interfaces, created one new lagg interface, setup ip.. and reboot
Every thingworked right away....

mirkoj

Cadet
And back to square one.
For some reason it just stopped working. And again no way to set it up properly. It should be straight forward but it proves to be unbeatable.
So latest try:
Isoalted all:
1. switch, NAS and my computer
NAS connected with 2x SFP+ 10gig to switch also 2x SFP+ 10gig.
My computer connected to switch to rj45 10 gig.

When I setup network with no LACP it works fine, speed is there, no problem on both NICs.
As soon as I start working with LACP everything goes to mess.
I can't even setup aggregation in GUI because it gives me error:

The network 192.165.100.0/24 is already in use by another interface.

Whatever IP I use it is same error even though there are no other interfaces using those IPs at all. Now it is completely isolated system, switch, NAS and my computer.

Will use shell only for any changes but why does it say that when it is not true. Maybe that is part of the problem?
Anyway process is simple, I go to shell, remove all interfaces aggregation and network, reset all configuration. Setup Link aggregation, choose both NIC and then setup interface IP and mask.
And nothing. NAS cant even ping switch.
Nw testing again all 3 options for teaming ports on switch, there are modes on, active and passive.. will hat gives..