KP after updating

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
I can't seem to get this box to boot now since doing updates. Prior to this was running 9.10, then did a update about a year ago and we had the same problem. We reverted back to the older version of FreeNAS and everything was working good. Attempted a 11.2 U4 last night and getting the same issue with the screenshot below. I'm not sure where to begin with this. I am going to try and just blow away the installation and start fresh to see where that gets me, but any extra help would be awesome.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    71.9 KB · Views: 264

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
Fresh install seems to have issues as well. Seems to always have the issue when doing the networking? Not sure.

Also booting from USB drive, and also brand new disks so not likely the issue. Hardware is as follows:

LSI LSI00244
SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSH-LN4F-O
64GB ECC Kingston RAM
Intel Zeon e3-1225 v5

Not sure why this is happening here, but if I was to load 9.x again it would work.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    91.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
Showed the BT:

Edit: Tried installing not on USB and same issues.

Attachments

• bt1.PNG
    bt1.PNG
    70.8 KB · Views: 266
  • bt2.PNG
    bt2.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
Update: So apparently this thing booted for what was a couple minutes. I was able to config the NIC and then went to go add DNS servers and it KP'd on me again. Super frustrating.

Update again: Installed 9.10U4, everything working fine. However now getting the following errors when going to add storage:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    141.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

KentShades

FreeNAS Certified Owner
At this point I believe it's either a issue with the LSI controller, the cables, or something else. I updated the LSI to the version I could find online and took care of some of the errors, but I ended up still getting the same msp errors from the last screenshot. So we've decided to scrap this box and ordered a new FreeNAS as we cant trust this one and we will part it out.